Family Traditions & Christmas Wish Lists7
Each year my family has this thing where we all write a Christmas wish list and submit it to the family. It doesn’t matter if you’re an adult or you have a bunch of kids, you still sit down and write a special Christmas list that gets handed out to all my family members. I sometimes think that because we have a small family, no aunties or uncles for me, that this is one of the driving factors behind the continuing of this tradition.
I know other families, with adult siblings, who draw names and buy one present and I know others who don’t do any present exchanges. This is not my family, we buy something for everyone. While it’s not necessarily an elaborate gift, sisters give to each sister, everyone gives to my mum and dad, the brother in laws are remembered, and all little cousins get taken care of.
Every year there are a few of the same things on my wish list, bath products are a huge must in my life and so I love getting a huge stash of them at Christmas. This year I have a few extra items on my wish list and only recently wrote out my special list and sent it to my family. If you don’t submit your wish list in a timely manner you start getting text messages and email reminders to get on it. I sort of love that.
This year my wish list looks like this:
- A modern sugar bowl (mine dropped and broke and my back up is all chipped!)
- Red Rose parfume from Jo Malone (love!)
- A coffee mug I can keep at work. Something fun and different. Maybe personalized so no one steals it!
- Bath bombs, milk bath, bubble bath (this is my annual staple)
- An oval crockpot with a timer (because of ALL your fab recommendations on my Facebook page, thank you!)
- Short socks for my Hunter boots.
I absolutely love buying Christmas pressies for my family! Even though I end up with all of the Christmas lists, I often seek out special gifts that might not be listed and use their list for inspiration and ideas. Sometimes it’s the process of things that is the important part; for me receiving all of the wish lists is a part of the start of the Christmas season.