Five Reasons To Visit The Vancouver Christmas Market
A great perk of living in downtown Vancouver is all of the exciting activities and events that go on in this city through out the year. Christmastime is definitely one of my favourite times of the year to live so close to so many great attractions and we try to make it to as many as we can.
- Glühwein. Sipping this festive warm beverage while walking outside in the crisp air definitely makes me feel like I’m celebrating something special. On my last visit I tried the white glühwein for the first time and I actually preferred the lightness of the white over the more traditional red wine.
- The lights. There is just something about twinkling lights at dusk that gets me every single time. Each artisan hut is adorned by lights and there is enough decorated Christmas trees to add some serious magic.
- THE FOOD. If you go to the market you must go hungry. You will need to check out the Swiss booth ‘Cheese Me Raclette‘ for their amazing freshly scraped melted cheese. I am still dreaming of this amazing cheese dish that was served over potatoes. Other highlights include the very classic warmed pretzel from Pretzel Haus and the the spätzle from, where else, Spätzle Haus!
- Live music. When we arrived at the media night we were greeted by the lively group The Gingerbread Men singing all of the holiday classics. Entertainment schedule changes daily so there is always something fresh to go and enjoy.
- The classic, larger than life, Christmas Pyramid. This year the Christmas Pyramid has Vancouver’s first flying stage above! I grew up with a wooden Christmas pyramid and my dad would light the candles and the tiers would start to slowly turn and cast gorgeous light around our living room.
I’m already dreaming about going back for one more round of the cheese raclette and the lovely lights. You have until Christmas Eve to go and experience the Vancouver Christmas Market.
I was invited as a guest to go and experience all the great things that the Vancouver Christmas Market has to offer. However, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.