Five Fun Things To Do With Your Kids
It turns out that once you have kids they will become your social life and they also love spending time with you. Go ahead and claim the title of ‘fun mum’ and incorporate your kids into your social life. It’s a win win for everyone. We’ve rounded up five fun things to do with your kids.
- Go to the movies. Before I had kids I went to the movies on a somewhat regular basis and loved the whole experience. Now that I’m a mum I love taking my big kids to a show, while it’s all family friendly flicks I still really enjoy going with and they love going with me. Parenting pro tip: ask family and friends for movie passes for your kids birthday gifts, this is a great way to help cut cost.
- Bake me a cake as fast as you can. It takes A LOT of parenting patience to be in the kitchen with kids but there’s just so many rewards that it really is worth trying. My husband is the pro when it comes to cooking with kids and they love being able to crack eggs and mix ingredients together. We start to include the kids in the kitchen when they are old enough to stand on a stool, which is about 18 months. Parenting pro tip: make a mug cake if you are wanting to keep things tasty but low key.
- Get in the pool! Kids love going to the pool and playing with you. Whether you pretend to be a shark family or bring some toys and have an impromptu tea party, an afternoon at the pool is a great activity and promotes movement. Perfect for a rainy day in the Winter.
- Take it to the coffee shop. If you’re a family in the city you will have multiple coffee shops to walk to but I’m sure every parent out there will know a coffee shop that is nearest to them. Get your coffee in a proper mug and order up a feel good treat to share. Sit and chat and play eye spy while sipping warm beverages from proper mugs. Also a great add on post pool fun.
- Get in some screen time (together). I did not grow up being an avid video game player but I try my hardest when Mario Kart comes on. Some evenings we have ‘Family Racing Night’ and we all sit together trying our hardest to win the race. Extra points if your kids are actually better than you. They will love seeing mum or dad trying to keep up with them.
I’m not a parenting expert but I do like to have fun with my three kids. I find that those long days go much smoother when a little fun is booked into them.